The Team Wine Blending Experience provides guests a rare opportunity
to learn about, taste and blend distinctive international award-winning wine
varietals. Our team building experience is available by reservation for a minimum of 10
and max of 25 guests. This experience lasts approximately three-hours and includes 2
different food options to complement the event.
Event Experience Includes:
- Guided instructions on blending techniques and strategies led by one of our wine educators.
- An overview of winemaking in the Northeast AVA Region of the United States with a
brief history of wine blending.
- Proper enological tools to blend a selection of high-end varietal wines – graduated cylinders, pipettes,
beakers and tasting glasses.
- A tasting of three of Old York Cellars award winning wines.
Prizes for winning teams.
- Souvenir Wine Glass to take home.
The Team Wine Blending Experience both challenges and entertains the beginner and wine expert alike.
The event is fun, relaxed and competitive all at the same time.
Your group will be divided into teams. Each team will strategize, measure, blend and taste three wines
until they feel they have created the best blend from the provided wine components. As a team they will
select a name for their wine and create a wine label for their wine bottle.
A blind tasting of the team wines will determine the best wine. The judging panel is made up of all team
members from your group along-side of some of our OYC team. The wine bottles are wrapped in brown
paper simply labeled as ‘A’, ‘B’, ‘C’ and so on, keeping each wines identity a secret during the judging.
The judges will rate the wines, and votes will be cast and tallied, and two winning teams, 1 for the wine
and 1 for the best label/wine name, wine will be announced.