Love Wine, Love Wineries? Join the Old York Cellars Team, please see our available positions.
Jump to Online Employment Application→
Positions are from $17 (Pay rate of guaranteed $17 per hour is based on $5.50 per hour plus tips).
We are hiring for Full Time, Part Time and Seasonal.
Wine Server and Concierge Old York Cellars Winery in Ringoes:
The wine server position is a customer-focused, serving position that requires an understanding of hospitality, customer service, and the capability to up-sell our products and educate our customers. Wine servers are the heart and soul of the vineyard and tasting room. We are looking for outgoing hardworking individuals with either a food and beverage background, or they simply have a passion for people and wine. Love wine, and looking for a fun and interesting job? You will learn the basics of wine production, tasting, and pairing while working in a fun and fast-paced environment. Pay is good and the hours are flexible so apply now! Training will start right away. Ability for advancement for hardworking and committed individuals
- Report directly to tasting room hospitality managers
- Understand and follow opening and closing procedures
- Interact with guests and other teammates in a professional manner
- Effectively operate POS system (WineDirect / Tock)
- Follow policies for all bottle inventory procedures
- Follow procedures for daily set-up, break-down, and sanitation
- Participate in all retail/tasting room business functions, including serving, busing, greeting/concierge, register, service bar, etc.
- Participate in organization and cleaning of the winery; both indoors and out
- Adhere to all Old York Cellars Policies, ABC regulations, and CDC guidelines
- sales minded. Presents options and alternatives to guests and assists in making choices.
- Ability to communicate clearly with guests, managers, and team members
- Maintain a friendly, courteous, and engaging demeanor with both guests and teammates
- Ability to work under pressure and multitask, in a high volume, fast-paced environment while sustaining an outgoing and positive attitude
- Needs to be highly motivated, team-oriented, and able to effectively interact with a diverse array of people
- Maintain knowledge of our wine portfolio
- Maintain a professional image
- Follow and uphold all policies as directed by management
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including extended hours, weekends, and holidays
- Submit, in a timely fashion, monthly work availability to the management
- Serves guests in a positive and friendly manner
- Submits orders promptly and efficiently
- Protects Old York Cellars and guests by adhering to sanitation, safety, and alcohol beverage control policies
- Be able to provide proof of vaccination prior to start date
- Ability to lift and carry 50lbs
- Must be willing to work in all weather conditions, indoor and outdoor
- Ability to stand and work at a countertop and bar for long periods
- Ability to walk, stand, and work on concrete and wood floors as well as stone, gravel and grass
- Ability to move around the entire property throughout the day
- Flexible scheduling
- Employee Discounts
- Paid trainings
- Incentive for Wine Club Memberships
Food Runner at Old York Cellars Winery in Ringoes:
We are looking for outgoing individuals to fill various shifts. Pay is good, and hours are flexible for this part-time position so apply now! Training will start right away.
Applicants are expected to possess the following abilities and character traits:
Energetic, professional, and courteous at all times with excellent customer service skills
Willing to learn and work in a fun and busy environment.
- If required, be willing to work while wearing mask & gloves.
- Serve food to groups of guests at their tables
- Answer visitors’ questions and provide general tourist information
- Monitor and maintain the appearance of space
- Weekend shifts are necessary, but not late hours. You’ll be home in time for dinner.
- At least 16 years of age, high school students welcome. (you must be at least 21 years of age to purchase or consume alcoholic beverages)
- Professional appearance and demeanor
- Able to lift and carry 45lbs; stand, walk, lift, and bend for long periods
- Weekend, Nights, and Holiday availability
- Able to work a flexible schedule
- Experience in the service industry is a plus but not required
- Flexible Schedule, discounts on food and merchandise.
Submit An Application
- Download Application Form
- Email your application and up-to-date resume (optional) as attachments to email@example.com or mail your application to
Old York Cellars, 80 Old York Road, Ringoes, NJ 08551
- Alternatively, drop off your application at the Winery during business hours.
- Or Apply Online Below
Please Note: We consider applicants for all positions on the basis of qualifications and without regard to race, color, national origin, citizenship, religion, sex, gender identification, pregnancy, age, disability, genetic information/history, military status, use of lawful products during non-work hours and/or any other legally protected characteristic or condition.