Vidal Blanc Bread Pudding
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp Ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp Ground nutmeg
- 3 Large eggs
- Zest of 1 Orange
- 1 cup Old York Cellars Vidal Blanc
- 1/3 cup Unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 5 cups Stale French bread, cut into 1 to 2 inch cubes
- 1/2 cup Sliced almonds
- 1/3 cup Dried currants, raisins, or cranberries
- 1/4 cup Crystallized ginger
Preheat your oven to 350°F.
Butter a 9-inch baking dish.
In a large bowl, whisk together the sugar, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, eggs, and orange zest.
Add the Old York Cellars Vidal Blanc Wine and then slowly whisk in the butter until well combined.
Add the bread cubes, sliced almonds, currants, and crystallized ginger and toss to make sure that all the pieces of bread are well coated.
Let soak for 10 minutes.
Pour the mixture into the baking dish and bake for 45 to 50 minutes, until the top is golden brown and crispy.
Cheers & Enjoy with a Glass of Old York Cellars Wine!