Sparkling Strawberries & Waffles Recipe
- 1 lb Fresh strawberries stems removed and quartered
- 2 tbsps Old York Cellars Honey 1/2 cup
- 1/2 cup Old York Cellars Sparkling Wine (White, Blueberry or Rose)
- WAFFLES INGREDIENTS:
- 1 1/2 cups Milk, lukewarm
- 2 1/4 tsps Active dry yeast
- 3 Eggs, separated
- 1 1/2 cups Old York Cellars Sparkling Wine (White, Blueberry or Rose)
- 3 1/2 cups All-purpose flour
- 3 tsps Baking powder
- 1 to 2 tbsp Granulated sugar
- Unsalted butter, melted and slightly cooled Melted butter for greasing waffle iron
- Shaved white chocolate, Old York Cellars Honey or maple syrup
To make the Strawberries: In a large bowl, add the strawberries and drizzle with Old York Cellars Honey. Cover with Old York Cellars Sparkling White Wine, gently toss, cover, and refrigerate for 2 to 24 hours.
To make the waffles: In a small bowl, sprinkle yeast over the lukewarm milk. Let sit for a minute, then stir to combine. Let sit until frothy, about 10 minutes.
In a large bowl, lightly beat egg yolks. Mix in the milk and frothy yeast. Gently mix in the Old York Cellars Sparkling White Wine.
Beat in the flour, sugar, and salt until no lumps remain. Mix in the melted butter.
In a medium bowl, beat egg whites until stiff peaks form. Lightly fold into the batter until no streaks remain. Let batter sit until bubbles form on surface, 20-30 minutes.
Set waffle iron to high heat.
Grease the heated waffle iron with melted butter. Spread the batter over the prepared waffle iron, about 1/3 cup per waffle.
Heat until waffle is golden and crisp on outside. Repeat with remaining batter.
Serve with the Sparkling Wine soaked strawberries, shaved white chocolate, and honey or syrup if desired.
Cheers & Enjoy with a Glass of Old York Cellars Sparkling White Wine!