Grilled Chicken in a Vidal Blanc Marinade
- 1/4 cup Old York Cellars Vidal Blanc
- 2 tbsps Italian parsley, finely chopped
- 2 tbsps fresh oregano, chopped
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 lemon, juice and zest of
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp black olives, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
In a glass dish not too deep, mix all ingredients, except the chicken breasts. Add chicken breasts and flip to coat well. Cover the dish with a plastic wrap and let marinate in the fridge for at least 2 hours. Set the barbecue to medium-high heat. Put chicken breasts on a greased grill (keep the marinade), close the cover of barbecue and cook for about 7 minutes (baste the chicken breasts with the marinade a few times). Flip the chicken breasts and keep cooking for about 5 minutes or until the chicken is golden and not pink inside. Serve with yogurt and garlic sauce.
OPTIONAL YOGURT & GARLIC SAUCE
In a bowl, mix 1 cup plain yogurt with 1/4 cup sour cream, 2 tbsp fresh parsley (finely chopped), and 1 garlic clove (finely chopped). Add salt and pepper. Cover and put in fridge for at least 4 hours.