Double Dark Chocolate Merlot Cookies
- 1 bottle Old York Cellars Merlot
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup special dark cocoa powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 stick unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup dark brown sugar, packed
- 1 large egg
- 3/4 tsp real vanilla extract
- 10 ozs 60% cacao bittersweet chocolate chips
Preheat your oven to 375°.
In a mixing bowl combine, the flour, cocoa, salt and baking soda. Whisk and set aside.
Then into the bowl of your stand mixer, cream together the sugars and butter until light and fluffy.
Add in the egg, vanilla and Old York Cellars Merlot. Once combined, gradually add in the dry ingredients and mix well after each addition.
Fold in chocolate chips by hanb and spoon out a rounded tablespoon onto a prepared baking pan, leaving two inches or so in between.
Bake in a preheated oven for 8-10 minutes. Let cool slightly before transferring to a wire cooling rack.