Dark Chocolate Cabernet Fudge Recipe
Makes approximately 1 3/4 Pounds of Fudge
- 3 cups Sugar
- 2/3 cup Dark Cocoa
- 1/8 tsp Salt
- 1 cup Evaporated milk
- 1/2 cup Old York Cellars Cabernet Sauvignon (reserve 1 Tbsp)
- 1 tbsp Corn syrup
- 1/4 cup Butter
- 1 cup Chopped nuts (optional)
- Butter an 8 inch pan or line with foil that extends over the edges of the pan and butter the foil.
- Mix sugar, cocoa and salt in a heavy, 4-quart saucepan. Stir in evaporated milk, corn syrup and Old York Cellars Cabernet Sauvignon, reserving 1 tablespoon of the wine.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture comes to a full, rolling boil. Boil without stirring until mixture reaches 234 degrees F on a candy thermometer or until a small amount of mixture dropped into very cold water forms a soft ball which flattens when removed from water.
- Remove from heat. Add butter and the reserved tablespoon of Cabernet Sauvignon. Do not stir!
- Cool to 110 degrees F (lukewarm). Beat with a wooden spoon until fudge begins to thicken and loses its sheen, about 7-8 minutes. If you are adding the optional nuts, stir them in here. Quickly spread in prepared pan and cool completely.
- Cut into squares. Store in an airtight container at room temperature.
Cheers & Enjoy with your Favorite Glass of Old York Cellars Wine!