We are currently seeking applications for seasonal help at the winery and our new Bridgewater Commons Mall Pop-up Store.
Tasting Room, Pop-up Store, and Special Event Associates
Love wine, and looking for a fun weekend job? We are currently seeking applicants to join our Tasting Room and Special Event Teams. You will learn the basics of wine production, tasting, and pairing while working in a fun and fast-paced environment. Pay is good, and hours are flexible for this part-time position so apply now!
Applicants are expected to possess the following abilities and character traits:
- Serve wine, stock bar and gift shop, and maintain cleanliness of guest areas, bar, and property
- Energetic, professional, and courteous at all times with excellent customer service skills
- Passion for food and wine
- Willingness to learn and educate
- Serve wine to multiple groups of guests at a busy bar
- Describe wines, winemaking techniques and winery history to guests
- Provide guests with a knowledgeable and enjoyable experience while promoting wine sales and new wine club memberships
- Answer visitors' questions and provide general tourist information
- Monitor and maintain the appearance of the Tasting Room (retail shop)
- Accurately perform Tasting Room open and close procedures
- Consistently and accurately perform daily inventory and money handling procedures
- At least 21 years of age
- A passion for wine and wine knowledge, and willingness to learn more
- Professional appearance and demeanor
- Able to lift and carry 45lbs; stand, walk, lift, and bend for long periods
- Weekend and Holiday availability
- Able to work a flexible schedule
- Experience in the service industry is a plus but not required
How to Submit Application
- Download Application Form
- Complete application form and save as word document or PDF file.
- Email your application and up-to-date resume (as a .doc or .pdf) as attachments to the Director of Operations, Catherine, at Catherine@oldyorkcellars.com
Alternatively, drop off your application and resume at the winery during business hours.